Thomson Electrak LL electric linear actuator
Thomson Industries has launched the Electrak LL electric linear actuator, a long-life, high-duty-cycle component designed to work in harsh conditions and offer high environmental protection.
With increased UV resistance capabilities, a long-life ball screw and nut assembly, and a long-life manual override design, the Electrak LL actuator is built to last more than 10 times longer than previous models.
The load-bearing design of the Electrak LL electric actuator features two bearings to handle bidirectional load, as well as a built-in, brushless motor and motor drive system. The system provides constant speed regardless of the load and delivers the safety functionalities of the Thomson Electronic Monitoring Package. Eliminating the need for standalone controls, these integrated features provide constant monitoring of critical parameters such as end of stroke, voltage, current and temperature.
The actuator can withstand temperatures from -40 to +85°C and is CE and RoHS compliant, making it easier for operators to interact with and control operations, and providing a better user experience in all environments. Its coated, painted and sealed housing is rated to IP69K (static) and IP66 (dynamic) standards, meaning it resists corrosion from UV radiation, water jets, high-temperature/high-pressure washdowns and other forces.
Long-life actuators such as the Electrak LL are valuable on the plant floor for high-duty cycle applications such as material handling and logistics operations.
- Thomson Industries Celebrates 75 years of Innovation and Motion Control Leadership
- 48-Volt heavy-duty Electrak HD linear actuator by Thomson
- Thomson Electrak LL electric linear actuator in April edition of 'Process Technology'
- Thomson electro-hydraulic linear actuators in January edition of 'Process Technology'
- New compact electromechanical actuator Electrak MD
- Thomson Linear Actuators in March issue of 'Whats new in Process Technology'